• Free radicals, oxidative stress, antioxidants and homeostasis
• Role of ghrelin in the regulation of hunger
• Drugs that bind PPAR (nuclear receptors for treating type 2 diabetes)
• Factors that affect calorie expenditures
• Regulation of adaptive thermogenesis
• Impaired glucose tolerance and oral glucose tolerance test
• Lifestyle changes and impaired glucose tolerance
• Bone resorption and deposition
• Mechanisms of osteoclast activity
• Role of estrogens in bone mineralization
• Reactive oxygen species production and defense (fig. 19.1)
• The regulation of insulin secretion (fig. 19.7)
• Resorption of bone by osteoclasts (fig. 19.18ft) -1
Was this article helpful?
Have you recently experienced hearing loss? Most probably you need hearing aids, but don't know much about them. To learn everything you need to know about hearing aids, read the eBook, Hearing Aids Inside Out. The book comprises 113 pages of excellent content utterly free of technical jargon, written in simple language, and in a flowing style that can easily be read and understood by all.