• Sex hormones promote muscle development and maintenance . . .(p. 609)
• Parathyroid hormone and other hormones regulate blood calcium and phosphate concentrations (p. 624)
• Epinephrine and norepinephrine influence contractions of cardiac muscle and smooth muscles (p. 227)
• Insulin promotes glucose entry into skeletal muscles (p. 611)
• Adipose tissue secretes hormones that regulate the sensitivity of muscles to insulin (p. 606)
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...