• Antidiuretic hormone stimulates reabsorption of water from the renal tubules (p. 536)
• Aldosterone stimulates sodium reabsorption and potassium secretion by the kidneys (p. 544)
• Natriuretic hormones stimulate sodium excretion by the kidneys (p. 418)
• The kidneys produce the hormone erythropoietin (p. 371)
• The kidneys secrete renin, which activates the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (p. 417)
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...