• Glucose enters neurons by facilitative diffusion (p. 135)
• Voltage-gated ion channels produce action potentials, or nerve impulses (p. 161)
• Ion channels in particular regions of a neuron open in response to binding to a chemical ligand known as a neurotransmitter (p. 169)
• Neurotransmitters are released by axons through the process of exocytosis .(p. 169)
• Sensory stimuli generally cause the opening of ion channels and depolarization of receptor cells (p. 242)
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...